We are busy planning the 2021 PSST summer swim season. It will look different than previous years, but we believe we can safely have a season this summer.
Here’s what we know so far:
- We will run the season by CDC guidelines: Masks, 6 feet, 1 way entry/exit, limited changing in bathrooms, 5-minute buffer between practices to clear the deck, etc.
- Swim meets (4) will be virtual – we will swim our kids, record the times, and then merge results. Swim meet dates: June 3, June 10, June 17, and June 24.
- Modified version of championships but we will have a championship meet, set for July 10-11 at GA TECH. This meet will be in-person with safety guidelines in place.
- League per swimmer fee is raised from $15 to $20 per swimmer – covers insurance, ribbons, website, part of county meet.
- Stroke and turn officials need to be trained and up to date. We will still need a starter and judges for our 5 meets. We will also need timers but hopefully only 1 per lane with a few backups.
- First day of practice is set for May 10.
- Online registration will open March 15 (see "registration information" link above) and close April 30.
This will be a season unlike any other we have had!! Our main goal is to get the kids back in the pool safely! We are focused on safety plan for everyone involved this year.